Pen A Page is a monthly Essay competition open to undergraduates, interns, postgraduates and professionals from dental, medical and general sciences fraternity.
The objective of this contest is to provide an interdisciplinary platform for scientific knowledge sharing.
The contest starts on the 3rd day of every month and Essays are accepted till 25th day of every month. The results are announced last day of every month.
Catergories and Groups:
Category 1: Dental
Category 2: Medical
Category 3: General and Allied Sciences (Genetics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Microbiology and Biomedical Engineering and other applied sciences)
Group A: Undergraduate Student
Group B: Intern
Group C: Postgraduate Student / PhD Student
Group D: Faculty and professionals
Topics: July 2019 Contest
- Liquid biopsy
- Smoking is injurious to health
- LASERs in dentistry
- Next generation sequencing – Past, present, future
- The genomic boom in India
- Artificial Intelligence
- Robotics in medicine
- Precision medicine
- Role of saliva in disease diagnosis
- Undergraduate Students: Rs 300
- Intern (UG): Rs 350
- Postgraduate / PhD students: Rs 400
- Faculty/Professionals: Rs 500
Pay via Paytm @ +91 8436787974
How to Apply:
Choose your category and group, select a topic thread, pay the participation fees and send your essay now!
Winners of the contest will receive a Certificate of Appreciation through email as well as a hard copy via post.
All other participants will receive a Certificate of Participation through email.
The winning essay from each category and group will be published in GENOMEDEN e-magazine and Winner will be showcased on all online platforms of Indian Academy for Clinical and Dental Genetics (facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest).
Last date of Essay Submission : 25th Day of Every month
Winner announcement: Last working day of the month
1. Students and interns must be currently enrolled as a student at an accredited university.
2. Submissions must be of 500 – 1000 words. Relevant photographs can be used mentioning the online source
3. Select the correct category and group and any one of the topics
4. Write the ESSAY in MS Word format using Font as Times New Roman.
5. Font size:
For Headings -14
For Subheadings – 12
For Text (Body of Essay): 10
6. Submissions must be new original work that has not been previously published
(this includes articles published in your school newspaper, on other websites or blogs, or even as part of your graduate thesis). Any references made within the work to other studies or publications must be credited and noted. However, submissions
will not be considered and may be removed if they are primarily a collection of links to other articles.
7. You are requested to email a brief biodata and a clear passport size profile photograph.
8. All submissions must be received by 25th Day of Every Month, 2019.
9. Submissions will be judged upon their clarity, accuracy, and relevance to the discipline under which they are submitted. Consideration will also be given to the overall readability of the article, as well as the writing skill of the author.
10. Winners will be announced on the Indian Academy for Clinical and Dental Genetics (#IACDG) whatsapp group, facebook page and other online resources on the last working day of Each month.
11. Mention your complete mailing address for receiving Winner Certificate which will be sent via registered post. The details will be intimated through email. The academy will not be responsible for any delay in receipt of certificate or for any loss in transit.
12. Winning essays from each category and group will be published in GENOMEDEN online e-magazine within 7 days of announcement of results.
Meet the Jury:
• Dr Manasmita Das (Biomedical Imaging Scientist, North Carolina University, USA)
• Mrs Sophia Munshi (Cheif Credit Risk Officer and Bioinformatist)
• Mr Arnab Maitra (Channel Manager, India)
• Mrs Anuradha Tripathi (Biotechnologist USA)
• Dr Gargi Roy Goswami (Founder and Director, Indian Academy for Clinical and Dental Genetics)
GRAB THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY !! SHOWCASE YOUR WRITING SKILL!