A science enthusiast looks for science in everything in a routine life. A curious mind, an explorer, who is very keen about the details. I would rather say that a student of science is a great observer, who goes beyond logic & reasons at the same time encircling it.
Being a science student if you want a successful career then you will have to go some extra miles than just putting the efforts in conventional paths.
If you are a science or health care graduate and you have above mentioned qualities in you, then definitely you can follow a career path in research.
In the research field there is everything which can feed as well as challenge your curious mind.
Let us know how one can pursue this career-
HOW ONE CAN BECOME RESEARCH SCIENTIST
These are the basic steps you should follow to become a research scientist:
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree.(any science graduation, pharma graduates or medical graduates) after this,
- Complete a master’s degree.
- Gain experience
- Pursue certifications.(there are different kind of courses e.g., provided by ICMR that is” Indian Council of Medical Research”)
- Consider a doctorate
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF RESEARCH SCIENTISTS-
- Planning and conducting experiments,
- Writing research papers & reports,
- Collecting samples and carry out some field work,
- Monitoring experiments, recording & analyzing the data,
- Supervising junior staff members,
- Demonstrating procedures,
- Keeping the track of newest updates about developments in field,
Sounds interesting right? It definitely is!!
WHERE A RESEARCH SCIENTIST CAN WORK-
- College or university
- Private research firms
- Non profit organization
- Government agencies
Researchers have to work typically in an office or laboratory as a part of a team. It’s a very much needed quality that one should be able to collaborate and work.
So here I have given some important links through which you can explore the current opportunity regarding this field in india-
- A link of “women scientist scheme” where specifically women professionals can look for different kinds of opportunity.
- Council of scientific & industrial research India
- One of the oldest research council in the world is “INDIAN MEDICAL COUNCIL OF RESEARCH”
Dr. Roma Singh Thakur, BDS